Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bodies

Hola!
Yesterday I went to Budapest to see the Bodies exhibition. It was great, I mean it was shocking to know that those bodies used to be human beings, but it's fantastic that the science is able to do almost everything.

There were more than 200 organs and full body specimens. In one room there were embryos and foetus' s in different stages. It's unbelievable that how fast the foetus is growing.

We also could see organ mutations, many kinds of cancers.
We could compare a healthy brain with unhealthy ones which suffer from stroke or meningitis.
They show us two lungs one of them was normal and the other one belonged to a heavy smoker, and it looked horrible. So I'd like to draw the smokers' attentions to be careful with the cigarettes!

I could write long about the exhibition, but I think it has to be seen.
It's good to know how we look like inside.

I really recommend it everyone!

Best
Angela

9 comments:

Évi said...

It could be very interesting and exciting. My girlfriend was there too and she told me her experience. I'm also interested in this exhibition so I will visit it if I have a possibility.

Anonymous said...

So those bodies were made of living tissue?Brains, hearts and other bodyparts were exhibited which used build up a person???Sometimes science crosses my moral...When pathologists examine corpses is completely normal so is when we watch plastic models...But those "Bodies" are basicly dead people cut up to parts and put out to everybody who pays for it!And they can laugh on it, saying things like "wow" or "eeeew" or "look at the guy without skin on his face!".Not to mention the dead human embrios...Nobody thinks that maybe that brain in liquid used to be a nice old grandpa, somebody's father?Or that skinless leg was the leg of a 40 years old woman?What would his husband say If he saw this?What could you say If you saw your boy and girlfriend's head sliced into two parts and you could see the cross-section of their head put out in liquid to entertain the crowd?The only thing I like in this is the intense warning for the harmful addictions like cigarettes.

Sziszi said...

I also want to go to the exhibiton. It was a great experience, I'm sure!!

Anonymous said...

(I would watch this thing though...:P)

Dóry8-))) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dóry8-))) said...

Yeah, this exhibition is a qiute controversial issue...
In some ways I have to agree with István, after all, it's very interesting.

As far as I know the relatives of the 'exhibited' (mostly Chinese) people agreed to this. I wouldn't think about this if I offered my organs for scientific purposes... But who knows...?

Once I took part in a lecture (not in the University), where lungs, livers and hearts could be seen. The teacher put them on the desk like in a butcher's. The organs were stored in a small box filled with formol. It had a terrible, unforgettable smell. I can even smell it in my nose when I think about it. 8-P 8-) That's my most memorable experience with organs. 8-P 8-D

(I just corrected my comment ;-) )

Unknown said...

I am not sure I would want to see this exhibit. But your ideas and the comemnts on them do sound intriguing.

Unknown said...

... comments... :) sorry for the typo up there.

grotesque said...

I also wish I had a chance to visit this exhibition. I'm curious what we are 'made of'.:) I've only seen human organs in films, and video clips, so I'd like to see what they are like in reality. (Based on the films, I may find 'em repulsive.:D)